To anyone who celebrates it, Happy Easter. To anyone else Happy Zombie Jesus day? 😛
Anyway, here’s a brief “monthly” update, since I haven’t done a real one in a while. I’ve still not had a whole lot of time to work on Sylverant lately, but there have been a few revisions along the way since the last sorta-update. Here’s what’s changed since the last real monthly update, way back in January:
- Allow the ship configuration XML to specify the ship’s address and the shipgate’s address by a FQDN instead of an IP address.
- Add some configuration parameters to the ship configuration for Blue Burst parameter and map enemy data.
- Checked in a few changes to the PSO Patcher that for some reason slipped through the cracks (stuff that’s actually completely unrelated to PSO).
- Added parsing/use of the Blue Burst map enemy data, which makes killing enemies actually give experience. No drops are done yet.
- Fix an issue with the Word Select parsing when dealing with messages about Meseta and item quantities.
- Send blank C-Rank data about V1 and BB clients to V2/PC/GC, which fixes the odd issue with V1 players appearing to have a really high C-Rank.
- Fix an issue with the experience calculation on Blue Burst for players who hit an enemy, but don’t kill it.
- Fix an issue with the enemy hit subcommand on Blue Burst not being sent along to clients.
- Fix an issue with joining a game on Blue Burst.
- Cleaned up some issues reported by Valgrind’s memcheck tool.
- Fix the play timer on Blue Burst.
As you can see, its mostly a bunch of small things (and a few big things) regarding Blue Burst. This is kinda forcing me to actually implement some backend stuff for some of the features for other versions that I’d like to do at some point, so its definitely not a bad thing for everyone who can play on Sylverant. Hopefully, we’ll start seeing the fruits of some of that for V1/V2/PC sometime soon. 🙂
Oh, and before anyone asks, no, I’m not giving instructions on how to play Blue Burst on Sylverant just yet. Its still not really all that useful, since there’s still a LOT missing (enemy/box drops, rare enemies, quests, team support, etc), so I’d rather not open up that can of worms yet. I may look for some people to help test at some point (there have been a few people who have offered already), but right now I think I’m fine with what I have.