As of a few hours ago, the site, along with the server itself, are now hosted on FreeBSD, instead of Linux. Why, you may ask, would I switch from a working Linux setup to FreeBSD? The answer to that is simple: the bug that I’ve been chasing that has thus far prevented me from putting up a working Sylverant server does not affect FreeBSD.
No, that doesn’t mean that the server is up for the general public just yet. I still want to do a lot more testing than I’ve done to make sure there aren’t any nasty memory leaks or anything else like that, so that when it is up for the general public, you all don’t bring my server here to its knees within minutes.
In related news, I’ve actually had a little bit of time to work on the code for the Sylverant server, and I’ve fixed a few bugs in the subversion repository. Also, I’ve set up a mailing list for those that might be interested in knowing about any further code commits to the repository. That list can be accessed here.
Its been a bit of a long journey, but I think I can finally see some sort of clearing up ahead.