Event Data

Number of Kills: 110379

Last updated:
2020-02-25 06:22:41

Donations
Become a Patron!

• Feb 18, 2020 22:03:43 UTC:
    This is, as far as I know, the first instance of public homebrew code running on a NAOMI or NAOMI 2 board.
  • Feb 18, 2020 22:02:09 UTC:
    And now from the "once-in-a-blue-moon not Sylverant related tweets" department... I present an example from KallistiOS (the Dreamcast homebrew SDK) running on a NAOMI 2 arcade board. https://t.co/vyfEbsOSXe
  • Jan 25, 2020 19:02:01 UTC:
    The token redemption period for the Wondrous Winter 2 event has begun. Prize lists and other details are on the forum in this post: https://t.co/81avXYdNPw
  • Dec 16, 2019 22:25:22 UTC:
    New Sylverant server event starting (very) soon - Wondrous Winter 2: https://t.co/FKsvb4iovk
  • Nov 07, 2019 03:43:56 UTC:
    @RGBDOTNET Feel free to ask away.

Happy 9/9/09

Even though the day is almost over for me, I figured I’d at least post something…. 9/9/09 is 10 years to the day when the Dreamcast was released in the US. My original plan was to have Sylverant up and running for the occasion, but due to one really nasty bug, that’s not possible.

The source code is up for what I have now on the Google Code project, linked to above.

7 Responses to “Happy 9/9/09”

1. Badam says:

Did you know there is a private sever online called http://schtserv.com/. How are you going to differentiate your server from there’s?

2. Aleron Ives says:

The SCHTServ server program is not public; you can’t run the software yourself. Bluecrab’s server is open source and free for anyone to download and compile, so you can configure it however you want and host your own server under your own rules. Yes SCHTServ currently has the largest player base, but it’s always good to have alternatives since no server lasts forever.

3. Eviltaco64 says:

This is still looking better and better.

I’ll hopefully be on within a month or so. 🙂

4. David says:

Hmm is this from scratch or are you using thetealla or schtserv as a base?
    Also I do have some knowledgeas I have been beta testing and helping to develop a pso server before back in the gc days

5. BlueCrab says:

The code was originally based on Tethealla, however at this point there is no more code from Tethealla in the server (which explains why it no longer supports anything other than the Dreamcast version of PSO at the moment).

6. John_C says:

Congrats, BlueCrab. This is awesome news.

I checked out the Google project site, but I’m confused on how to download “it”. Is it ready for release or am I missing something?

7. BlueCrab says:

No, it is not ready for any sort of release at this time. The source code is available through subversion on the Google Code page, but that’s about it, sadly.

There’s really only one nasty bug that’s preventing me from releasing a “first” version of it…