Event Data

Number of Battle Points: 4685541

Last updated:
2020-07-09 10:31:52

Donations
Become a Patron!

• Jun 12, 2020 14:48:59 UTC:
    @mageloccmusic I'm not sure that I'd be of any help, since I've got next to no experience with hardware stuff like that (let alone the fact that I don't have any tools for doing that kind of stuff). That said, that sounds awesome, and I wish you luck!
  • Jun 02, 2020 05:56:53 UTC:
    The BP redemption period for the Apart, but Together event has begun. Prize lists and other details are on the forum in this post: https://t.co/fcAIOS0HlX
  • May 30, 2020 03:12:35 UTC:
    @bebates128 Getting the code to the system is one of the things that I hadn't quite worked out a clean way to do yet. To be perfectly honest, I was just compiling a raw binary and attaching a header from an official game to it to make it work.
  • May 29, 2020 16:54:12 UTC:
    @bebates128 I need to find some more time to actually work on things, but alas life doesn't seem to want to work that way lately.
  • May 29, 2020 16:53:34 UTC:
    @bebates128 That said, there's almost no functionality beyond putting stuff up on the screen at this point. Sound doesn't work, controls don't work (although I guess if you had something plugged into the maple ports on the filter board, that might work)...

Happy 9/9/09

Even though the day is almost over for me, I figured I’d at least post something…. 9/9/09 is 10 years to the day when the Dreamcast was released in the US. My original plan was to have Sylverant up and running for the occasion, but due to one really nasty bug, that’s not possible.

The source code is up for what I have now on the Google Code project, linked to above.

7 Responses to “Happy 9/9/09”

1. Badam says:

Did you know there is a private sever online called http://schtserv.com/. How are you going to differentiate your server from there’s?

2. Aleron Ives says:

The SCHTServ server program is not public; you can’t run the software yourself. Bluecrab’s server is open source and free for anyone to download and compile, so you can configure it however you want and host your own server under your own rules. Yes SCHTServ currently has the largest player base, but it’s always good to have alternatives since no server lasts forever.

3. Eviltaco64 says:

This is still looking better and better.

I’ll hopefully be on within a month or so. 🙂

4. David says:

Hmm is this from scratch or are you using thetealla or schtserv as a base?
    Also I do have some knowledgeas I have been beta testing and helping to develop a pso server before back in the gc days

5. BlueCrab says:

The code was originally based on Tethealla, however at this point there is no more code from Tethealla in the server (which explains why it no longer supports anything other than the Dreamcast version of PSO at the moment).

6. John_C says:

Congrats, BlueCrab. This is awesome news.

I checked out the Google project site, but I’m confused on how to download “it”. Is it ready for release or am I missing something?

7. BlueCrab says:

No, it is not ready for any sort of release at this time. The source code is available through subversion on the Google Code page, but that’s about it, sadly.

There’s really only one nasty bug that’s preventing me from releasing a “first” version of it…