Event Data

10. Gen6Gamer - 283587

Last Updated:
2021-01-18 22:00:00 UTC

Donations
Become a Patron!

• Apr 12, 2021 14:41:16 UTC:
    @ONESTARv2 Just normal maintenance. Mainly an upgrade of the OS installed on the server. As for PSOX, everything is currently in a holding pattern. Insignia is still not open to the public, and we will not be able to open Sylverant for PSOX connections until then.
  • Apr 12, 2021 14:39:50 UTC:
    Sylverant maintenance completed ahead of schedule. The server should be back to normal operating conditions. Please let me know if anything is broken.
  • Apr 11, 2021 20:48:33 UTC:
    The maintenance window may be shortened (that is to say the server may reopen earlier than the schedule above says), if conditions dictate that it can be.
  • Apr 11, 2021 20:47:39 UTC:
    Sylverant will have a scheduled maintenance period tomorrow, Monday, April 12, 2021 from 09:00 to 12:00 EDT (13:00 - 16:00 UTC). During this time the PSO server and website will both be inaccessible.
  • Feb 08, 2021 04:22:45 UTC:
    @dragonminded @BobbyDilleyUK I'm just an old-school Dreamcast homebrewer (since 2001 or so), that someone gave a slight push to start looking at the Naomi too.

Happy 9/9/09

Even though the day is almost over for me, I figured I’d at least post something…. 9/9/09 is 10 years to the day when the Dreamcast was released in the US. My original plan was to have Sylverant up and running for the occasion, but due to one really nasty bug, that’s not possible.

The source code is up for what I have now on the Google Code project, linked to above.

7 Responses to “Happy 9/9/09”

1. Badam says:

Did you know there is a private sever online called http://schtserv.com/. How are you going to differentiate your server from there’s?

2. Aleron Ives says:

The SCHTServ server program is not public; you can’t run the software yourself. Bluecrab’s server is open source and free for anyone to download and compile, so you can configure it however you want and host your own server under your own rules. Yes SCHTServ currently has the largest player base, but it’s always good to have alternatives since no server lasts forever.

3. Eviltaco64 says:

This is still looking better and better.

I’ll hopefully be on within a month or so. 🙂

4. David says:

Hmm is this from scratch or are you using thetealla or schtserv as a base?
    Also I do have some knowledgeas I have been beta testing and helping to develop a pso server before back in the gc days

5. BlueCrab says:

The code was originally based on Tethealla, however at this point there is no more code from Tethealla in the server (which explains why it no longer supports anything other than the Dreamcast version of PSO at the moment).

6. John_C says:

Congrats, BlueCrab. This is awesome news.

I checked out the Google project site, but I’m confused on how to download “it”. Is it ready for release or am I missing something?

7. BlueCrab says:

No, it is not ready for any sort of release at this time. The source code is available through subversion on the Google Code page, but that’s about it, sadly.

There’s really only one nasty bug that’s preventing me from releasing a “first” version of it…