15:06:39 UTC

Last Updated:
2022-01-29 05:00:00 UTC

Donations
Become a Patron!
Buy Me a Coffee at ko-fi.com

• Mar 29, 2022 22:39:53 UTC:
    @El_Comanche There is indeed a discord for the server, where many players communicate: https://t.co/YcpDXGU4JH There is also a forum: https://t.co/6EYlEOzpg7 , although more people are definitely on the discord these days. Hope you enjoy the server. :)
  • Jan 01, 2022 04:36:15 UTC:
    New Sylverant Event beginning soon - New Year's Celebration: https://t.co/sruZJ11cNu #pso #sylverant
  • Dec 09, 2021 21:22:38 UTC:
    @dragonminded @GabeMoralesVR @Artemio Yeah, KOS definitely hasn't had support for "years" just yet (can't say 2 years until February). And it is definitely still nowhere near a state that I'd call it "usable" for anything more than the basics of getting something on the screen, as has already been said.
  • Nov 01, 2021 13:31:11 UTC:
    @GabeMoralesVR @matiasgoldberg Nope, but sometimes I do feel that way. 🤣
  • Sep 17, 2021 22:45:35 UTC:
    @RetroFaith1 @Otakon Glad to hear it. Enjoy. :)

Happy 9/9/09

Even though the day is almost over for me, I figured I’d at least post something…. 9/9/09 is 10 years to the day when the Dreamcast was released in the US. My original plan was to have Sylverant up and running for the occasion, but due to one really nasty bug, that’s not possible.

The source code is up for what I have now on the Google Code project, linked to above.

7 Responses to “Happy 9/9/09”

1. Badam says:

Did you know there is a private sever online called http://schtserv.com/. How are you going to differentiate your server from there’s?

2. Aleron Ives says:

The SCHTServ server program is not public; you can’t run the software yourself. Bluecrab’s server is open source and free for anyone to download and compile, so you can configure it however you want and host your own server under your own rules. Yes SCHTServ currently has the largest player base, but it’s always good to have alternatives since no server lasts forever.

3. Eviltaco64 says:

This is still looking better and better.

I’ll hopefully be on within a month or so. 🙂

4. David says:

Hmm is this from scratch or are you using thetealla or schtserv as a base?
    Also I do have some knowledgeas I have been beta testing and helping to develop a pso server before back in the gc days

5. BlueCrab says:

The code was originally based on Tethealla, however at this point there is no more code from Tethealla in the server (which explains why it no longer supports anything other than the Dreamcast version of PSO at the moment).

6. John_C says:

Congrats, BlueCrab. This is awesome news.

I checked out the Google project site, but I’m confused on how to download “it”. Is it ready for release or am I missing something?

7. BlueCrab says:

No, it is not ready for any sort of release at this time. The source code is available through subversion on the Google Code page, but that’s about it, sadly.

There’s really only one nasty bug that’s preventing me from releasing a “first” version of it…