Leaderboard

9. Aleron Ives - 7473
  10. renzokuken99 - 7262

Last updated:
2019-05-22 11:13:51

Much Donate.

• May 21, 2019 19:52:01 UTC:
    @citrus3000psi Considering my horrible (read: practically non-existent) skill level at soldering, it turned out pretty good. Would've had it done last night, were it not for the fact that my container of flux was sitting in a drawer at my work desk. Thanks for the awesome work on the board!
  • May 21, 2019 19:40:04 UTC:
    Got my DCHDMI kit from @citrus3000psi in the mail yesterday and ended up bringing it to the office today to install it. Next up for tonight: putting it through its paces with some PSO. https://t.co/5YFTEoHV4O
  • May 09, 2019 03:52:48 UTC:
    Prize trade in for the Eggcelent Easter event on Sylverant has begun and will continue until 04:00 UTC on May 23rd. Get the prize list and details on how to trade stuff in on this forum post: https://t.co/U0YvBKtIAe
  • Apr 27, 2019 03:59:50 UTC:
    Also, to those that were on during that little derp that just happened... I'll be fixing the counts back to their correct values.
  • Apr 27, 2019 03:08:10 UTC:
    Easter egg drop rates have been adjusted for the last couple of days of the Eggcelent Easter event on Sylverant, including some positive adjustments for team synergy.

Happy New Year!

Well, another year has gone by, and Sylverant is still around. That’s good news, I suppose. 🙂

I don’t really have anything Sylverant-related to post about, but I wanted to ensure that everyone knew I was actually still around. Follow along below the fold if you care to know why things have been so quiet around here lately…

Some of you probably know that I’m a graduate student in Computer Science (or at least I know I’ve mentioned it a few times in the past). Well, this past semester, I finally completed my Master’s Thesis and graduated with my Master of Science degree in Computer Science. I suppose I might post my thesis online at some point if people are interested (although I doubt many people would be).

Anyhow, I had meant to make a bit longer of a post here, but I got distracted midway and kinda lost my train of thought. So, I guess I’ll cut it off here instead of rambling. 😉

10 Responses to “Happy New Year!”

1. mahkbooks says:

Congrats!
    Hope Christmas and New years was good to you! We really appreciate your efforts on this server. It’s been alot of fun being able to play with everyone here, and hopefully I will be able to for many more years to come. Good luck on your future plans. Maybe it’s time to continue on to PhD?

2. FaithY says:

Congrats, Graduate!

3. Nuji says:

Congrats on graduating dude! 🙂

Slyverant is very much appreciated. It’s really nice to be able to replay a game I loved so much as a kid again the way it was intended (i.e online).

Happy (belated) New Year!

4. nazum says:

Congrats! Is your thesis about PSO devlopment??

Just kidding 😀 Thanks for keeping PSO going BlueCrab

5. Treamcaster says:

Congratulations Bluecrab! Keep up the good work. Happy new year everyone!

6. stasher says:

Happy New Year! And congratulations!

I got in touch with a friend from college I haven’t seen in 9 years. Just found out he lives within a mile of me and just a stones throw away from my parents. *face palm* I’m currently getting him familiar with PSO, so, hopefully we’ll have another player soon!

7. Brett says:

happy new year! I just got PSO ver. 2 for the gamecube and I’m setting it up for the first time as we speak..any pointers would be much appreciated. Also, is it true that I can only play against other people with the Gamecube versions of the game? I have the Dreamcast version as well but unfortunately no landline anymore:/

• BlueCrab says:

Unfortunately, if you want to play safely, yes, you’re limited to playing against other Gamecube users. There are a few incompatibilities between the games, most glaring is map object id differences. These incompatibilities can cause either side to end up FSODing at seemingly random points (such as opening a box), so the versions are kept separate.

If you really want to play with DC or PC users and you don’t mind the occasional FSOD, you can have the DC/PC user create the team and use the /enablegc command to allow GC users to play. Then, GC users must use the /showdcpc command to actually have DC or PC games show up at the lobby counter. It is a two step process so that everyone involved has to acknowledge that they’re doing something that’s inherently unsupported by the games. 😉

If you wanted to use the DC version, you could always set up one of the DC/PC server setups that are pretty widely documented in Dreamcast forums. That way you only need a modem on your PC do do the work of a dialup ISP.