Wow. I managed to remember to do this exactly a month after the last one… Anyway, not much has changed in the past month, as I’ve been extremely busy with “real life”. Here’s the rather short list:
- Removed compatibility code from the shipgate. All ships must now use TLS to connect (and be using protocol v10+).
- Removed the shipkey_gen program from shipgate. Its not used anymore.
- Require a valid DTD for patch_server’s configuration.
- Fixed a possible issue in the shipgate that would cause phantom ship entries on ships.
- Fixed a crash in shipgate if someone tried to use /login but didn’t have an account.
- Added the /maps and /showmaps commands (/maps being GM only, /showmaps is able to be used by anyone).
- Set timeouts on select() calls in ship_server to 30 seconds.
- Modified how ships ping out so that they don’t ping out if they haven’t had at least one ping packet sent to them.
- Updated some documentation along the way.
That brings us to r565 of the SVN repository. Expect the next month to be equally slow as the semester finishes up for me.