Event Data

Number of Battle Points: 4685541

Last updated:
2020-07-16 13:23:07

Donations
Become a Patron!

• Jun 12, 2020 14:48:59 UTC:
    @mageloccmusic I'm not sure that I'd be of any help, since I've got next to no experience with hardware stuff like that (let alone the fact that I don't have any tools for doing that kind of stuff). That said, that sounds awesome, and I wish you luck!
  • Jun 02, 2020 05:56:53 UTC:
    The BP redemption period for the Apart, but Together event has begun. Prize lists and other details are on the forum in this post: https://t.co/fcAIOS0HlX
  • May 30, 2020 03:12:35 UTC:
    @bebates128 Getting the code to the system is one of the things that I hadn't quite worked out a clean way to do yet. To be perfectly honest, I was just compiling a raw binary and attaching a header from an official game to it to make it work.
  • May 29, 2020 16:54:12 UTC:
    @bebates128 I need to find some more time to actually work on things, but alas life doesn't seem to want to work that way lately.
  • May 29, 2020 16:53:34 UTC:
    @bebates128 That said, there's almost no functionality beyond putting stuff up on the screen at this point. Sound doesn't work, controls don't work (although I guess if you had something plugged into the maple ports on the filter board, that might work)...

Server Event Results: Easter Egg Hunter Hunting

The second server event has been concluded for about 12 hours now (as of the time of this post), so here’s the results:

1. Tangier – 10046
  2. Fallingferret – 3624
  3. KuromoriYu – 2302
  4. Crossi – 1416
  5. R422 – 673
  6. FaithY – 286
  7. bluecrab – 191
  8. treamcaster – 162
  9. aleronives – 138
  10. hawkzer0 – 129

I’m glad to see that even on shorter events we get a bunch of participants. Thanks to everyone who participated!

8 Responses to “Server Event Results: Easter Egg Hunter Hunting”

1. Treamcaster says:

Oleeee—-
    > aleronives

2. 68kdude says:

Well done Tangier, another mammoth effort.

3. Tangier says:

Thank you so very much..*Roxx_Gang*………..

4. Treamcaster says:

Off-topic: I just want to say this – Sylverant is on fire! Just look at the player numbers on a daily basis. Woot 😀

• 68kdude says:

Is there A population log somewhere? The “Other Place” had one I recall.

• BlueCrab says:

I have been keeping some sort of statistics in the database for a while now, but I’ve never gotten around to making them publicly available. It’s on the list of things to do, though.

• K_I_R_E_E_K says:

I remember doing something a few years ago where i would send lines of text to create an html file, it autoupdated by saving a portion of the html, we used divs i believe to save the lines (not sure if there was a better way) and then we would create a new file with:
          – the head portion
          – the saved divs
          – the new entry (in a div so it could be saved)
          – end portion

We would repeat this as many times as we wanted, i’m not sure if it’s the best way because it added content without having a concern about the time scale, so for sylverant i’m not sure if you have another method in mind that makes data easy to read, having logged data every hour of every day for 6 months might be overwelming i’m sure 😛

• BlueCrab says:

Actually, the way I do it is to save a new row to the database any time the count of players on the server changes. Each row contains only two columns: the timestamp (in UNIX timestamp terms, so with one-second precision), and the number of players currently on the server. Any time more than one update comes in during a given second, only the most recent is kept (so if 5 people all connect to an empty server at the exact same second, the two entries in the database will be ([some date/time in the past], 0) -> ([that exact second], 5).

In this way, I get up to single-second precision with the data without having to store the number at every single second the server is up. Of course, this has a few problems if the server is down for an extended period of time, but hopefully we won’t have that problem too often. 😉