Hard to believe that the year is almost over, but apparently it is. I was hoping to have something interesting news-wise for the server for today/tomorrow, but unfortunately it is not to be. That said, there should be two pieces of interesting news in the near future, so stay tuned! Oh, also, I set up Iselia to be running the Christmas event in game, so you might notice that if you’re online at all.
I guess I’ll use the rest of this post to give a recap of the past month in the Sylverant code… So, here’s what’s changed lately:
- Added a few GM commands: /makeitem, /teleport, /dumpinv
- Made it possible for Gamecube clients to join PSOPC/PSODC games (the game must have had /allowgc set and the GC client must have done /showdcpc)
- Started on code to track user’s inventories through the game. This is not finished, however, and is #if 0’ed out at the moment.
- Fix an issue with word select between PSOPC/PSODC and PSOGC where there would be no name attached to the chat bubble (word select is still not translated between versions though).
- Fix an issue where if you were the last person on a block and you pinged out, you wouldn’t be disconnected until someone else joined the block.
- Ran ship_server against Valgrind and fixed a bunch of issues.
That’s all for now… Hopefully there’ll be some interesting news soon though!