Hard to believe that the year is almost over, but apparently it is. I was hoping to have something interesting news-wise for the server for today/tomorrow, but unfortunately it is not to be. That said, there should be two pieces of interesting news in the near future, so stay tuned! Oh, also, I set up Iselia to be running the Christmas event in game, so you might notice that if you’re online at all.
I guess I’ll use the rest of this post to give a recap of the past month in the Sylverant code… So, here’s what’s changed lately:
- Added a few GM commands: /makeitem, /teleport, /dumpinv
- Made it possible for Gamecube clients to join PSOPC/PSODC games (the game must have had /allowgc set and the GC client must have done /showdcpc)
- Started on code to track user’s inventories through the game. This is not finished, however, and is #if 0’ed out at the moment.
- Fix an issue with word select between PSOPC/PSODC and PSOGC where there would be no name attached to the chat bubble (word select is still not translated between versions though).
- Fix an issue where if you were the last person on a block and you pinged out, you wouldn’t be disconnected until someone else joined the block.
- Ran ship_server against Valgrind and fixed a bunch of issues.
That’s all for now… Hopefully there’ll be some interesting news soon though!
Happy Holidays for you as well.
Thanks for the great job, keep it up, it really is worth it.
I know this place is very quiet but that doesn’t mean that “we”, the fans, don’t keep an eye on it 😉
Looking forward to the future server improvements! Well done!