Setsubun Oni Hunt
2023-01-27 05:00:00 UTC
2023-02-10 05:00:00 UTC
Ranking for BP
- MosaicMario - 384717
- Nyte - 323111
- SirRappington - 203790
- Tman - 188505
- hdrgb - 90750
- Mr8bit - 90637
- ESPRE - 82323
- Barrie2002 - 75026
- Aniki - 68302
- Gen6Gamer - 52053
2023-02-10 05:00:00 UTC
Phantasy Star Online
Archive for 2010
Monday, June 21st, 2010
Well, the last month was really busy for me. I finished up with my first year of graduate school, so, I hadn’t had much time to work on things before that. Also, I got distracted with another little project for a little bit.
Anyway, I’ve implemented a few things that should hopefully be useful going forward in Sylverant in the past few weeks…
- Added internationalization support to login server, and started on it for ship server via mini18n.
- Added a Spanish and French translation of user messages in login server (so, if you connect with your language set to either of these, you’ll get the translated messages if you’re banned or something).
- Login server now gets character data from the client for a future feature.
- Added the ability to select a ship configuration file at runtime via a command line argument.
That last one there is probably the most interesting to me, actually. I’ll leave that up to anyone else reading to figure out for now.
Posted in Server News | Comments Off on Another relatively quiet month…
Tuesday, May 11th, 2010
Not that anyone but me probably cares, but the machine running this website now has support for IPv6 connections. So, if you’re on an IPv6 enabled machine/network/etc, it might well be coming to you over IPv6 (yes, the AAAA record is in the DNS as well). Thanks to the people at Hurricane Electric tunnelbroker.net for the IPv6 tunnel that makes this all work (you can get your own IPv6 tunnel through them for free).
I’ve been toying with the idea of allowing ship server to shipgate connections to be done over IPv6 for the Sylverant server as well… The shipgate could theoretically be run completely on IPv6 (no, I have no intention of making the shipgate only accept connections on IPv6, just stating this from a theoretical point of view), but any ship servers will require IPv4 addresses simply because of the fact that PSO doesn’t know anything about IPv6.
Posted in Uncategorized | Comments Off on IPv6 Anyone?
Friday, April 23rd, 2010
… but not so much if you pay attention to the twitter feed for my stuff. Since the last blog update, here’s an overview of what’s been done in regard to Sylverant:
- Added the ability to ban clients globally within the game for Global GMs.
- Tell users who were kicked/banned why they were kicked/banned.
- Fixed a nasty shipgate bug that prevented more than one ship from being available at a time.
- Added support for the EU version of PSOGC (50Hz only at this point), and the JP versions as well.
- Add a /list command for GMs to get a list of all clients in a lobby/block/ship.
- Challenge and battle ranks are implemented correctly and set to all clients in the lobby.
- Fix the text encoding for non-Japanese text.
- Let Gamecube users get and send guildcards from/to other versions.
- Added support for simple mail blacklists and autoreplies.
So, as you can see, I’ve been a bit busy with this stuff. Anyway, that’s the gist of what’s been going on, and I don’t really have anything else to say here for now…
Posted in Server News | Comments Off on All’s been quiet on the blog front…
Saturday, February 27th, 2010
Life/work has been keeping me rather busy the past few weeks, so unfortunately not much has gone on with Sylverant. I did get a few minutes to work on some stuff, and added in a /warpall command to the server (GM-only).
At this point, there’s really not all that much left that I wanted to get implemented before opening up to a more public test. Hopefully some of that stuff will get implemented in the next few weeks…
Posted in Server News | 6 Comments »
Friday, January 1st, 2010
Heh, I just realized that its been two months since I’ve actually posted anything on here. No, the project isn’t dead it was just moving rather slowly due to classes at the university I attend. Things continue to improve rather nicely with the server. Also, if you’ve noticed the Twitter feed on the left side of the page, that’s been updated at least a few times since the last time I posted anything here.
Anyway, as for what’s new with the project:
- I’ve added support for PSOPC that seems to work fairly well.
- I’ve created a new online quest that will be available on Sylverant entitled “Global Warming”. Its fully compatible with all versions of PSO supported by the server (so, PSOv1, PSOv2 and PSOPC).
- I’ve been adding a few commands to the server that can be used by typing something starting with /. Some of the commands are usable by everyone, others only by GMs.
- Global (shipgate-wide) GMs are supported now, although they currently do not have any additional powers over what local (ship-level) GMs have. That will be changing sometime in the (hopefully near) future.
There’s still a few more things I would like to take care of before opening the server up to the public, but I’m really hoping that can happen soon. Thanks to anyone still following the project, even with my almost complete lack of updates.
Posted in Server News | Comments Off on Two months with no news…